Thick and Creamy Cauliflower, Leek & Chive Soup
- 1 cauliflower washed, leaves removed, chopped into smaller florets
- 1 leek washed, ends removed, chopped
- 1 stick celery washed
- 2 shallots skin removed, diced
- 1 clove garlic skin removed, minced
- 500 mls vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp coconut cream optional
- 1 handful fresh thyme leaves use 1 tbsp dried if fresh not available
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 handful fresh chives chopped
Place the shallots, onion, celery and leek in a frying pan with a little rapeseed oil, then place the lid on the pan.
Saute gently on a low heat for 5-6 mins, toss the pan to ensure ingredients do not stick to the bottom.
Add stock, cauliflower and bring to the boil. Turn down the heat and simmer on low for 15mins until cauliflower is soft.
Add the seasoning, thyme and blend using a hand blender while ingredients still in the pan.
Serve immediately and sprinkle with chives as a garnish and for extra flavour.
Serve with a thick piece of crusty bread dipped in garlic infused olive oil.....