This is a filling, complete meal which can be eaten straight from the fridge after some time to marinate. If you have a batch of pre-cooked quinoa, then this meal requires no cooking. It can be stored for up to 3 days in the fridge and contains so much amazing wholefood nutrition, it’s definitely one of my favourite Winter recipes.I love the complexity of flavours in the dressing which hit all corners of sweet, salty, bitter and umami basic tastes. It can be an ideal lunch as it travels well in a suitable container or a pre-prepared dinner, ready for when you get home after a day outdoors. The tofu and quinoa add a substantial amount of protein and the nuts provide healthy fats and extra protein too. It really is a great tasting, highly nutritious meal you should be adding to your list to make this season 😉
Tofu, Red Cabbage Ceaser Salad with Quinoa & Tomato
- 3 savoy cabbage leaves washed, shredded
- 1/2 red cabbage washed, finely shredded
- 1 large red onion skin removed, finely chopped
- 1 handful vine tomatoes washed, halved
- 200 g tofu pressed cut into cubes
- 1 handful walnuts ground or roughly chopped
- 1 handful Brazil nuts ground or roughly chopped
- 200 g quinoa pre-cooked in vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 juice of lemon
- 2 heaped tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 tsp mustard
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pinch black pepper
Begin by making the dressing by adding all the dressing ingredients to a jug, mix and leave to one side while you create the rest of the recipe.
Place the shredded red cabbage, green cabbage, finely chopped red onion, tomatoes, tofu cubes, ground or chopped nuts and pre-cooked quinoa into a large bowl, stir.
Pour on the dressing and combine all the ingredients well.
Leave to marinate for a few hours or overnight in the fridge.