This was a recipe I developed for Blas y Tir, who produce beautiful tasting Leeks, Cauliflowers and Red Rudolph Potatoes down in Pembrokshire, Wales.
The caulfower is dressed in a flavoursome wholegrain mustard, turmeric and tomato dressing and the whole dish is roasted in vegetable stock. By covering the tin with foil, it allows the vegetables to cook slowly without charring too quickly, giving ample time for all the strong flavours of the dressing, fresh rosemary and thyme to infuse. It’s an absolutely delcious combination!
You can make this as a side dish or eat it as it is because it’s really rather filling with the cauliflower and potatoes.
It’s important to cut the potatoes into small cubes otherwise they will not cook within the time, so do not be tempted to cut them chunky like the cauliflower or you will need to cook for much longer!
This is a great ‘oven to table’ recipe which will fill your kitchen with incredible aromas, perfect for any table this Winter.
Enjoy! Joanne x
Turmeric & Mustard Roasted Cauliflower with Leek, Garlic & Potato
- 1 large cauliflower ashed, cut into medium sized florets
- 2 leeks trimmed, washed, cut into 1" thick discs
- 1 red onion ski removed, cut into 1/6's
- 2 large potatoes cut into small 1" thick cubes
- 1 bulb garlic top removed
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- few sprigs fresh thyme
- 8 vine tomatoes
- 150 mls vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1/2 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 1/2 tbsp turmeric
- few grinds black pepper
- 2 tbsp tomato passata
- You will need 1 large roasting tin, 1 length of foil and 1 large bowl for this recipe. Begin by assembling the ingredients as detailed. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Place the dressing ingredients into the bowl and stir before adding the cauliflower florets. Ensure the dressing covers the cauliflower evenly.
- Add the cauliflower and all of the remaining ingredients to the roasting tin spreading them out so the are evenly distributed.
- Now pour the stock over all the ingredients.
- Cover the tin with foil and leave to roast for 60 mins. For the last 10 minutes, remove the foil and cook for a further 10-15mins until the edges begin to crisp.
- Serve immediately.