Tuscan Soup with Butter Beans, Kale and Red Pepper
- 5oo mls tomato passata or a tin of chopped tomatoes
- 200 mls vegetable stock
- 400 g butter beans 1 tin, drained
- 1 bell red pepper seeds removed, chunky chopped
- 1 large brown onion skin removed, diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp sweet smoked paprika
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp dried sage
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- Place the onion and garlic in a casserole pot with a lid, add a dash of oil and cook on a low heat for 5 minutes until they begin to soften and become translucent.
- Add the red pepper and replace the lid. Cook for another few minutes.
- Stir in the dried herbs and paprika spice.
- Add the butter beans, stock and passata. Stir and replace the lid.
- Simmer on a low-medium heat for 15 minutes until the soup is heated through.
- Serve immediately while still hot.
You can make this one day ahead and reheat the next day.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!