Tuscan Soup with Butter Beans, Kale and Red Pepper
- 5oo mls tomato passata or a tin of chopped tomatoes
- 200 mls vegetable stock
- 400 g butter beans 1 tin, drained
- 1 bell red pepper seeds removed, chunky chopped
- 1 large brown onion skin removed, diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp sweet smoked paprika
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp dried sage
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
Place the onion and garlic in a casserole pot with a lid, add a dash of oil and cook on a low heat for 5 minutes until they begin to soften and become translucent.
Add the red pepper and replace the lid. Cook for another few minutes.
Stir in the dried herbs and paprika spice.
Add the butter beans, stock and passata. Stir and replace the lid.
Simmer on a low-medium heat for 15 minutes until the soup is heated through.
Serve immediately while still hot.
You can make this one day ahead and reheat the next day.