Vegan Almond Raweos with Cashew Cream Filling
- 80 g almonds
- 150 g dates soaked in water for at least 2 hours
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch sea salt
- 1 cup cashew butter
- 1 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1 tbsp pure Maple syrup
- Place the almonds, dates, cacao powder, vanilla extract and salt in a food processor and pulse a few times until broken down and combined.
- Create one large ball with the mixture and place on a clean cutting board ready to roll out.
- Use a rolling pin to roll the mixture until it is roughly 1.5cm thick.
- Use a cookie cutter to cut an even number of cookie shapes until you run out of the mixture.
- Place the shapes in the fridge while you make the filling.
- Place the cashew butter, coconut oil and Maple syrup in a bowl and stir until mixed together.
- Place the filling in the fridge for 15mins to harden a little (this will make it easier to spread but do not leave it for too long or it will become difficult to spread!)
- Use a knife to spread some of the filling mixture on to half of the cookies and use the other half to make a sandwich.
- Eat immediately or store in the fridge until you are ready.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!