This is less of a recipe and more of an idea on how to build an epic tasting burger in around 15 minutes flat!
Food for the weekend! For those Friday or Saturday nights when you don’t want to spend too much time in the kitchen but still want something to eat that tastes amazing! I have been recently testing out some shop bought vegan burger patties as there are more good choices available in the shops right now. If you find one you like, then you can have this burger on your plate, be sitting on the sofa, with your feet up, watching your favourite tv show, relaxing after a long week of work, in about 15 minutes! But grab a plate and a napkin because this could get messy 😉
Be sure to add lots of fresh ingredients to your burger bun such as green leaves, sliced, fresh tomato, red onion and micro greens such as mustard cress and alfalfa sprouts – they will add flavour and so many nutrients you wouldn’t find in your local burger joint!!
I love a good squeeze of tomato sauce and some homemade curry ‘mayo’ which is simply yoghurt with curry powder mixed in to give that amazing yellow colour and a creamy, curry flavour.
Dig in and say YUM!
Vegan Burger with Alfalfa Sprouts, Curried 'Mayo' & Salad
- 1 vegan burger patty use any you prefer
- 1 slice tomato
- 1 slice red onion
- 1 lettuce leaf
- 1 squeeze tomato sauce
- 1 TBSP yoghurt
- 1 tsp mild curry powder
- 1 handful alfalfa sprouts
- 1 handful mustard cress
- 1 bread burger bun
- Cook the burger patty as per packet instructions.
- Mix the yoghurt with the curry powder.
- Once the burger patty is cooked, build the burger by placing lettuce, tomato, red onion, burger patty and top with the tomato sauce, curried mayo, alfalfa sprouts and mustard cress before ending with the bun and tucking in!