Vegan Carob Fudge Sweet Potato Brownies with Peanut Butter Swirl
- 800 g sweet potato peeled, chopped small
- 100 g wholemeal flour
- 40 g carob powder
- 4 tbsp xylitol
- 2 cups dates softened in hot water in a bowl for 15 minutes
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 tsp smooth peanut butter if your peanut butter is not runny, place it in a bowl with a little water and stir together until you reach a runnier consistency
- Steam the sweet potato until soft enough to mash.
- Add the steamed sweet potato and all the other ingredients (excluding the peanut butter), to a food processor and pulse until smooth.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Line a baking tray (7x9inch) with baking paper, spoon the mixture onto the baking tray and spread out until even.
- Place a dot of peanut butter in each corner of the brownie mixture and use the end of a spoon to spread the peanut butter using a circular motion to create a swirl pattern on top.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool for 15 minutes in the tray, then lift the brownie out of the tray using the edges of the baking paper and leave to cool on a cooling rack.
- Slice the brownies into 6 pieces.
- Store the brownies in the fridge overnight and enjoy the following day as they taste better once they have had time to set in the fridge.
- Store in a suitable container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!