Creamy Vegan Cauliflower Cheese Sauce for pasta / lasagne
- 400 g cauliflower florets washed
- 1 large clove garlic
- 1 medium brown onion skin removed, diced
- 1.5 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp sweet smoked paprika
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 pinch kala namak salt optional
- 1/2 vegetable stock cube
- 200 mls freshly boiled water
- 200 mls almond milk
- 2 tbsp nutrtional yeast flakes
Begin by steaming the cauliflower florets for around 10-15 minutes until very soft.
Place the onion and garlic in a frying pan with a dash of oil and fry on a low heat for around 5 minutes until softened.
Once the cauliflower has softened, place it in a large bowl with all the remaining ingredients including the onion and garlic.
Use a stick blender to blitz everything until smooth.
Test the temperature of the sauce and reheat in a pan for a few minutes to raise the temperature before serving if needed.
Serve simply with pasta or use as the white sauce for lasagne.