Vegan Chocolate Pancakes with Blueberry Compote
- 1 cup oat flour use jumbo oats and grind down to a flour in your food processor
- 1/2 cup wholemeal flour
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 soft dates
- 1.5 cups plantbased milk
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- coconut oil for frying
- 1 cup blueberries fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup blackberries fresh or frozen
- 1 splash water for heating the fruit
- 2-3 tbsp plantbased yoghurt I used soya with coconut
- Place all the pancake ingredients, excluding the oil, into a food processor and blitz until smooth.
- Add a little oil to a frying pan, heat and then add 2 tablespoons of the pancake mixture per pancake. Cook for 2 minutes on a medium heat then flip over to cook for 1 minute on the other side.
- Continue until you have cooked all 6 pancakes.
- Place the fruit and water into a pan, heat gently for 5 minutes then use a masher to gently press the fruit until it becomes mushy.
- Add the pancakes to the plate, spoon on the compote and yoghurt and eat while still warm.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!