Vegan Quinoa & Black Bean Hearty Burgers
- 2 cups quinoa pre-cooked
- 1 can black beans rinsed, drained
- 1 small brown onion diced
- 1 smal carrot finely grated
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp sweet smoked paprika
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp rapeseed oil plus extra for frying the patties to seal them.
- pinch sea salt and ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp all purpose flour plus extra for coating the patties once formed.
Place the onion in a frying pan and fry on a low heat for a few mins to soften.
Add the carrots to the frying pan with the spices, seasoning and mustard and stir through.
Place the quinoa, black beans, flour and contents of the frying pan, into a bowl and mix together.
Divide the mixture into 4 parts and form 4 individual burger patties with your hands.
Sprinkle flour on to a cutting board and gently pat the patties on to the flour to give a light coating.
Add a little oil to a frying pan and seal each pattie by frying both sides for 20-30 seconds each.
Place the patties on a baking tray and bake for 1-20 mins until crispy on the outside and heated through.
Serve on a seeded bread bun with your favourite extras.