Vegan Quinoa & Black Bean Hearty Burgers
- 2 cups quinoa pre-cooked
- 1 can black beans rinsed, drained
- 1 small brown onion diced
- 1 smal carrot finely grated
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp sweet smoked paprika
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp rapeseed oil plus extra for frying the patties to seal them.
- pinch sea salt and ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp all purpose flour plus extra for coating the patties once formed.
- Place the onion in a frying pan and fry on a low heat for a few mins to soften.
- Add the carrots to the frying pan with the spices, seasoning and mustard and stir through.
- Place the quinoa, black beans, flour and contents of the frying pan, into a bowl and mix together.
- Divide the mixture into 4 parts and form 4 individual burger patties with your hands.
- Sprinkle flour on to a cutting board and gently pat the patties on to the flour to give a light coating.
- Add a little oil to a frying pan and seal each pattie by frying both sides for 20-30 seconds each.
- Place the patties on a baking tray and bake for 1-20 mins until crispy on the outside and heated through.
- Serve on a seeded bread bun with your favourite extras.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!