Vegan Rocket, Walnut & Kale Stuffed Pasta Shells
- 16 large pasta shells
- 2 handfuls rocket leaves
- 4 stalks kale washed, stems removed
- 1 large handful walnuts
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 juice lemon
- 1 clove garlic skin removed
- 1 tbsp brown miso paste optional but it will give a wonderful salty, savoury taste
- 1 dash water
- Bring to the boil a pan of water and add the pasta shells. Cook for around 10 minutes or as per packet instructions.
- Add all the pesto ingredients to a food processor and blitz until you reach a grainy texture - this should only take a few seconds.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain and place on the serving plate. Allow for it to cool for about 10 minutes.
- Add several rocket leaves to each shell, then a heaped teaspoon of the pesto mixture.
- They are ready to serve!
Ideal for a summer menu as they can be prepared in advance and eaten cold.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!