Vegan Sweet Potato Pancakes with Crushed Nuts & Maple Syrup
- 200 g sweet potato
- 200 mls plantbased milk
- 200 g wholemeal spelt flour
- 2 tbsp granulated sweetner I used xylitol
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 cups chopped mixed nuts for serving
- 4 tbsp pure Maple syrup for serving
- 1 tbsp coconut oil for frying
- Peel and dice the sweet potato and place in a steamer for 10 mins until soft.
- Place the sweet potato in a bowl and mash until smooth.
- Add the milk, flour, sweetener and cinnamon and mix until fully combined.
- Place a small amount of oil in a frying pan and turn up the heat.
- When the oil is hot, turn down the heat and place a ladle of the batter into the pan.
- Cook for a few mins until starting to brown on the underside.
- Flip the pancake over and cook for a further minute.
- Place the cooked pancake on a baking tray and keep warm in the oven (50 degrees) while you continue cooking the remaining pancakes until all the mixture is used.
- Divide the pancakes between 4 plates and top with the chopped nuts and maple syrup.
- Serve immediately.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!