Vegan Sweet Potato, Spinach and Tomato Baked Flan
- 800 g sweet potato peeled, diced
- 1 onion diced
- 1 handful spinach
- 1 tin cannellini beans rinsed and drained
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp chives
- 1 tsp tarragon
- 1 tsp dried garlic granules
- 1 pinch sea salt and pepper
- 200 g baby tomatoes washed, halved
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 tsp arrowroot powder
- 2 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 1 tbsp dried herbs
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup water
- Steam the sweet potatoes until soft enough to mash (15 mins)
- Fry the onion in a frying pan with a dash of oil until soft.
- Place the almonds, oats, walnuts, arrowroot powder, ground flax and dried herbs into a food processor and blitz until you have a grain like consistency.
- Transfer the ingredients to a bowl, add the oil and water and combine until you reach a sticky, crumb consistency.
- Transfer the mixture to a 23 inch flan tin and press down evenly using the back of a spoon until you create the flan base.
- Transfer the steamed sweet potatoes to a bowl, and mash until smooth. Stir in the onions, beans, spinach and all the herbs and seasoning.
- Spoon the mixture onto tart base, smooth over using the back of a spoon.
- Press the tomato halves over the top of the filling.
- Bake in the oven at 180 degrees C for 30 minutes until cooked through.
- Serve warm with salad or keep in the fridge for 2-3 days in a suitable container.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!