Vegan Sweet Waffles with Blood Oranges and Coconut Yoghurt
- 3 cups wholemeal flour
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 cups plantbased milk
- 2 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar I used soft brown
- 1 large banana very ripe, mashed
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 blood red orange peeled, sliced, per waffle
- 1 tbsp coconut yogurt per waffle
- 1 tbsp pure Maple syrup per waffle
- Place all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix together using either a wooden spoon or handheld electric mixer.
- Use 1/2 - 1 cup of the mixture per waffle and place the required amount into your waffle iron.
- Cook for about 5 minutes until golden.
- Serve immediately with sliced oranges and a spoonful of yoghurt and Maple syrup.
I made 6 XL waffles but if your waffle iron is smaller you will obviously get more waffles 🙂 Make these ahead and store in the fridge or freezer. Reheat by placing in the toaster or oven until heated through. Cooking time is for all 6 waffles but you can store the mixture in the fridge if you do not want to make all 6+ waffles immediately.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!