Warm Buckwheat Porridge with Caramelised Bananas & Cacao Nibs
- 2/3 cup buckwheat groats
- 2/3 cup plantbased milk
- 1 tsp maca powder
- 1 tsp raw cacao powder
- 1 tbsp raw cacao nibs
- 1 medium banana cut lengthways
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar For caramelising the banana
- 1 tsp coconut oil for caramelising the banana
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp pure Maple syrup optional
- Place the buckwheat groats in a pan with the plantbased milk and allow to sit while you get the rest of the ingredients together. You can leave them soaking overnight or for at least a few hours if you remember to do this ahead - it will make them softer to chew.
- Turn up the heat to low and place the pan on the stove to gently simmer for at least 5 minutes until warmed through.
- Turn off the heat while you caramelise the bananas.
- Sprinkle the coconut sugar onto a plate and place the sliced bananas, flat side down to mop up the sugar.
- Add the coconut oil to a frying pan and turn up the heat to melt it.
- Place the flat side of the bananas into the pan and turn down the heat. Allow to cook for 5 minutes while the sugars melt and the banana caramelises and becomes a golden colour.
- Stir the maca powder into the pan with the buckwheat groats, then add the mixture to a bowl.
- Top the mixture with the banana and sprinkle the remaining ingredients on top.
- Serve immediately.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!