Warm Winter Salad - Sprouts, Cabbage & Pomegranate
- 200 g sprouts ends removed, outer leaves removed if needed and chopped in half
- 100 g savoy cabbage stems removed, washed and shredded
- 2 small small brown onions skin removed and diced
- 1 large clove garlic skin removed and minced
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 pomegranate pips removed and discard skin
- pinch sea salt
- pinch ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- Steam the sprouts for 10 mins.
- Add the oil to a large frying pan or wok and heat.
- Add the onion and cook gently for 5 mins, turning frequently.
- Add the garlic and sprouts and cook for a further 5 mins, turning frequently.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and cabbage to the pan and toss all the ingredients until coated and combined.
- Place a lid on the pan and leave to cook on a low heat for 10 mins.
- Remove from the pan and allow to cool for half an hour.
- Add the pomegranate seeds once the mixture has cooled to room temp.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve at room temperature as a salad or a side dish.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!