Warm Winter Salad - Sprouts, Cabbage & Pomegranate
- 200 g sprouts ends removed, outer leaves removed if needed and chopped in half
- 100 g savoy cabbage stems removed, washed and shredded
- 2 small small brown onions skin removed and diced
- 1 large clove garlic skin removed and minced
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 pomegranate pips removed and discard skin
- pinch sea salt
- pinch ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
Steam the sprouts for 10 mins.
Add the oil to a large frying pan or wok and heat.
Add the onion and cook gently for 5 mins, turning frequently.
Add the garlic and sprouts and cook for a further 5 mins, turning frequently.
Add the balsamic vinegar and cabbage to the pan and toss all the ingredients until coated and combined.
Place a lid on the pan and leave to cook on a low heat for 10 mins.
Remove from the pan and allow to cool for half an hour.
Add the pomegranate seeds once the mixture has cooled to room temp.
Season with salt and pepper.
Serve at room temperature as a salad or a side dish.