Wholegrain Spelt, Vegan Waffles with Coconut Icecream & Apricots
- 3 cups wholemeal flour
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 cups plantbased milk
- 2 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar I used soft brown
- 1 large banana very ripe mashed
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 apricot per waffle
- 1 scoop plantbased cocnut icecream per waffle
- Place all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix together.
- Use 1/2 - 1 cup of the mixture per waffle (this depends on your waffle maker - the one I use is XL so it takes 1 full cup of the mixture per waffle) and place the required amount into your waffle iron.
- Cook for about 5 minutes until golden. The best way to judge your waffle is cooked is when the steam escaping from the waffle iron starts to slow down.
- Serve immediately with sliced apricot and a scoop of plantbased icecream!
Cooking time is per 2 waffles in the waffle iron. Keep any extras in the fridge and pop them in the toaster to reheat when needed.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!