Wholemeal Spelt Spaghetti Lentil Bolognese
- 2 servings wholemeal, dried, spelt spaghetti pasta
- 250 g brown lentils pre-cooked from a can or carton
- 500 mls tomato passata
- 2 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 brown onion skin removed and diced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- pinch sea salt & ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil for frying the onion and garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil for adding before serving
- 1 handful fresh basil leaves to add before serving
Add the pasta to a pan of boiling water and cook as per packet instructions.
Add the oil, onion and garlic to a pan and cook gently for 5-6 minutes until starts to soften.
Add the lentils, passata, oregano, seasoning and balsamic vinegar to the pan and simmer gently for 5 minutes until they are heated through.
Drain the pasta and divide between 2 plates/bowls.
Add half of the lentil mixture to each serving of pasta, drizzle a little olive oil and add the basil leaves before serving immediately.