Winter Green Stir Fry with Spicey Tahini Cream Dressing
- 500 g Brussels sprouts outer edges removed, washed, halved
- 2 large red onions skin removed, quartered
- 2 sticks celery washed, roughly chopped
- 2 large cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil for frying
- pinch salt & pepper to season
- 1 handful hazelnuts
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 juice lemon
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp dried chili flakes optional on amount to preferred spice heat
- Place all the dressing ingredients in a jug and mix thoroughly.
- Place in a glass jar or suitable container with a lid and keep in the fridge until you are ready to use.
- Place the onion, garlic, Brussels sprouts, celery and oil in a frying pan and turn the heat to medium.
- Cook for 10 minutes while tossing continuously using a utensil to ensure they do not burn and are evenly cooked.
- After 10 minutes, add the frozen peas and stir through.
- Allow to cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Serve warm with a generous drizzle of the dressing, a sprinkling of hazelnuts and season to your taste.
You can eat this cold too so save some for lunch tomorrow!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!