Winter Vegetable Chunky Chopped Stew with Cranberries
- 2 Savoy cabbage leaves washed and shredded
- 200 g butternut squash or sweet potatoes peeled and diced small
- 100 g green lentils from a can or carton, rinsed and drained
- 1 brown onion skin removed and diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups chopped nuts
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp ground corriander
- 500 mls vegetable stock
- pinch sea salt & pepper
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 cup cranberries washed
- Place the onion and butternut squash or sweet potato in a pan with the oil and cook gently on a low heat for 20 mins until softening.
- Add the garlic, cumin, coriander, tomato puree and green lentils and stir everything together.
- Add the stock and cabbage. Bring to the boil and allow to simmer for 20 minutes until the butternut squash or sweet potato is completely soft.
- Add the chopped nuts and cranberries and stir through.
- Heat for a further 2 minutes.
- Season and serve immediately.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!